Autor Tema: Comentario de hoy ... By Reity ... de recomendable lectura, a mi entender ...  (Leído 860 veces)

H. LEIN

What if This is Not Bottom?

After support was broken at 1950, the next important level was 1900 according to most technicians. That level was tested twice on Monday from which shares did bounce higher into a slightly positive finish at 1923.

If 1900 is not bottom, then the next logical support level is 1870, which marked the lows found in late August and once again in late September. That second test proved to be strong support followed by a 13% rally all the way up to 2116.

If stocks cut through 1870 like butter, then it will likely pay for everyone to get more defensive. That is because panic could truly start to set in, which can bring about a whole host of negative consequences on the fundamental side of the ledger.

I am referring to how business executives are part of the investor class. If their fears from stock market losses leaks over into more risk averse business decisions, then what was nothing more than a technical stock problem could become a fundamental one. Meaning that what I describe above is often the chain reaction that can lead to a recession and bear market.

I know that sounds ominous. But remember how many nasty corrections we have endured during this 7 year bull market that did NOT create the negative domino effect noted above. So do not assume that will happen now. I am simply opening your mind to the possibility of why it could be prudent to get more defensive under 1870. Hopefully we find a lasting bounce before we get there.
Best,

txomin

Comentario de hoy ... By Reity ... de recomendable lectura, a mi entender ...
« Respuesta #1 en: 12 de Enero del 2016 a las 14:59:42 »
Como siempre muy claro. Gracias.

carajaula

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #2 en: 12 de Enero del 2016 a las 15:03:35 »
HOmbre claro, claro nooooooooo, que está en inglés txomin jajajaja
Cita de: txomin34;307676
Como siempre muy claro. Gracias.

kostarof

• Administrator
    • http://www.kostarof.com
« Respuesta #3 en: 12 de Enero del 2016 a las 16:51:09 »
está claro que esa es la realidad, ya no es solo la bolsa si no la economía como se lleve por delante esa zona, de maner que por el momento mejor que vuelva a recuperar y deje margen.

H. LEIN

« Respuesta #4 en: 13 de Enero del 2016 a las 16:29:11 »
Time to Climb the Wall of Worry?

The wall of worry keeps adding more bricks. Most notable on Tuesday was oil swimming below $30 per barrel for the first time since December 2003.

I continue to be see lower oil prices as a net positive for the US economy over time. That is also true for any net importer of oil (most notably China, Japan, South Korea and Germany).

However, there are many oil exporting nations, and companies in the oil patch, and providers to the energy sector that are being hurt severely in the process. So the simple answer is to put your money to work elsewhere.

Alcoa is certainly not one of the places to put your money as they stunk up the joint with their earnings report. The net result was a 9% haircut for shares and estimates getting chopped by analysts.

I still believe the clearest beneficiary in this environment is the consumer. So do make sure to overweight shares in that sector.

As for the overall market, it is in oversold territory which explains the bounce that emerged on Tuesday. Whether that trend continues the rest of the week is a mystery. Yet conditions are ripe to keep climbing the wall of worry. And if it did unfurl it would go a long way to settling the rattled nerves of investors to keep this long term bull market in place.
Best,